SBI PO Recruitment 2020 for Probationary Officers Posts| SBI PO 2020 Notification Out| SBI PO Vacancy Apply online @ www.sbi.co.in
SBI PO 2020 Recruitment: State Bank of India has released SBI Probationary Officers (PO) notification 2020 on 13th November 2020 to fill 2000 vacancies. The Interested candidates can apply for this post from 14th November 2020 to 4th December 2020. The prelims exam for SBI PO is scheduled on 31st December 2020, 2nd, 4th & 5th January 2021. The Candidate can download their official notification and apply online for SBI PO 2020 at official website or through the direct link given below.
The candidate possessing the eligibility criteria can apply at www.sbi.co.in. To attend interview, the candidate must clear prelims and main examination. The eligibility criteria for the SBI exam is a graduation degree in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, BSc, B.Tech, etc., from a University recognized by the Government of India. The selected candidates will be appointed anywhere in India and the Final Selection will be based on merit.
More details like how to apply, syllabus, Maximum permissible attempts, category wise vacancy details, selection process are given below.
SBI PO Recruitment 2020 Notification Details:
|Name of the organization||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Name of the recruitment||SBI Probationary Officers (PO)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Process||3 (Prelims + Mains + Interview)
Prelims, Main Exam, Group Discussion/ Interview
|Job Location||Across India|
|Age Limit||21 Years to 30 years|
|Mode of Fees Payment||Online|
|Starting and Ending Date of Online Application||14.11.2020 to 04.12.2020|
|Download of Preliminary Examination Call Letters||3rd week of Dec 2020 onwards|
|Phase-I: Online Preliminary Examination||31st Dec 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th Jan 2021|
SBI PO Vacancy 2020
Before Applying the candidates can refer the category wise vacancy details listed below.
SBI PO Number of Attempts 2020:
The number of attempts for each category which are allowed in SBI PO 2020 are as follows
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chances|
|SC/ST (PwD)||No Restriction|
Selection procedure for SBI Probationary Officers:
The selection for Probationary Officers will be done through a three-tier process. The SBI PO Selection Procedure involves three phases Prelims, Mains, Interview. Each round will have equal importance and the qualification in each round is important to enter into the next subsequent round until final selection.
SBI PO Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online.
- Preliminary Examination will have 3 sections where each section should be completed in 20 Minutes.
- The total marks of the SBI PO Prelims Exam are 100 Marks and the duration of the exam is 1 Hour.
- One mark is awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 Marks for every incorrect answer marked by the candidate.
- All the questions will be set bilingually i.e. in English and Hindi, except the English Language.
The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
|Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO Phase-II: Mains Examination:
Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times (approx.) the numbers of vacancies in each categories will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
- Mains Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
(I) Objective Test: The duration of objective test is 3 hours and it consists of 4 Sections of total 200 marks. There will be separate timing for every section.
(II) Descriptive Test: The duration of Descriptive Test is 30 minutes. It will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) with two questions for total 50 marks.
|Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
SBI PO Phase-III: Selection Procedure:
- Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in Phase-II (Main Exam). There will be no sectional cut-off.
- Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for Phase-III from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary & Main Examination).
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Sectional Marks will not be maintained for both Preliminary & Main Examinations.
Phase III may comprise of (i) Interview only (50 marks) OR (ii) Interview (30 marks) & Group Exercises (20 marks).
- Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in Phase-III to be considered for final selection.
- Candidates qualifying for Phase-III under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause.
- Candidates who have registered themselves as OBC but do not submit OBC ‘Non-Creamy layer’ certificate and request to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
State Bank of India PO Syllabus 2020:
Prelims Syllabus- Given below is the syllabus of Prelims examination.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound
Interest & Surds & Indices
|Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &
Mains Exam Syllabus- Given below is the syllabus of Mains examination of SBI PO 2020.
|Reasoning||Data Analysis & interpretation||English
|Verbal Reasoning||Tabular Graph||Reading
|Syllogism||Line Graph||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Bar Graph||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer
|Double Lineup||Radar Graph Caselet||Word Association||Banking and
|Input Output||Case let DI||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Fill in the blanks||Computer –
|Course of Action|
How to Apply online SBI PO Recruitment 2020?
The candidates must have a valid and active email id and contact number because all the updates related to SBI PO will be received through it. The Steps to apply online for the SBI PO will comprise of two stages i.e. Registration and Login.
- Visit the official link sbi.co.in.
- Click on the Apply link given on the page.
- Click on New Registration in the home page.
- The Candidate must give login credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button.
- After successful Registration, Registration ID and a password will be sent to Candidate mobile number and email id.
- The Candidate can login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password.
- Upload photograph, signature and relevant documents.
Specifications of Documents are listed below.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- Size of Photograph: 200 x 230 pixels
- Size of Signature: 140 x 60 pixels.
- After uploading the photograph and signature the candidates the candidate must verify the details.
- Preview and submit application form.
- Pay the required application fee online, if required.
In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/ intimation charges or receipt of Admission/ call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge their query on http://cgrs.ibps.in. Candidates should mention ‘RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN STATE BANK OF INDIA – 2020’ in the subject of the email.
DOWNLOAD DIRECT LINK: HERE
DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION: HERE